2 Key Reasons CIOs Are Turning to Hybrid Networks
Ask most CIOs what they’re doing to upgrade their network infrastructure and they’ll tell you their companies are adopting hybrid network architectures that provide the flexibility to address rapidly changing business requirements.
Hybrid networks combine private MPLS networks, virtual private networks (VPN) utilizing Internet connectivity and third-party cloud services to dramatically improve application performance and manageability. New hybrid architectures greatly enhance both business and IT innovation cycles.
1. Bandwidth- That’s important for any IT organization struggling to meet today’s increased bandwidth demands. Bandwidth requirements are growing fast — 30 percent a year — according to Gartner market research. Networks are being pressed to handle new types of bandwidth-hungry applications, geographically dispersed workers and a surging population of mobile devices. New hybrid service models enable bandwidth to be allocated to applications based on their type, when and where they run. And bandwidth can be reassigned as application processing requirements change.
2. Manageability- Hybrid networks enable companies to quickly and easily bring up new offices, make the needed changes required for data center consolidations and spin up project-specific connections that have their own particular bandwidth requirements. Modern network architectures and advanced management tools gives IT the visibility it needs orchestrate service to support highly distributed user experiences.
Hybrid networks are ideal for distributed businesses that want to adopt the latest network architectures that map to their business operations and growth objectives. Masergy’s hybrid network solutions provide:
- A Software Defined Network Platform that delivers programmable hybrid networks customized to fit to each company’s unique performance requirements with bandwidth on demand.
- Intelligent Connectivity that offers virtual, complex network services to connect corporate offices and data centers across the globe. Services include advanced analytics that provide visibility into global network traffic and application performance.
- Network as a Service provides intelligent connectivity for organizations’ branch offices and remote locations that require connectivity into the private corporate network via secure Internet connections.
- Cloud Marketplace gives companies direct, private and secure connectivity to leading third-party cloud services, including Amazon Web Services, IBM Softlayer and Microsoft Azure.
Every company’s network is unique. That’s why Masergy’s fully managed network solutions are completely customizable and modular for maximum flexibility.
What’s more, handing off the management of network functions such as routing and firewall security to Masergy enables IT departments to focus on strategic initiatives. Masergy’s managed network functions are available via traditional customer premise equipment, virtualized software and cloud-based offerings. Companies can select their needed network functions and deployment methods, and Masergy will manage the complete lifecycle of each component to ensure peak performance.
Learn more about the advanced service options available from Masergy’s hybrid network solutions.