Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS: The End of On-Premise Systems and Masergy’s Move Up
Have you read Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)? It leads with what I feel is a clear foreshadowing of the end of on-premise solutions and a call to action for every CIO to deploy cloud-based UCaaS:
- “The UC market is making a fundamental shift from premises-based UC to cloud UCaaS. Digital workplace application leaders should deploy UCaaS when possible, because virtually all vendor R&D investment is going to cloud solutions, with little investment for premises-based UC.”
- Strategic Planning Assumption: By 2021, 90% of IT leaders will not purchase new premises-based UC infrastructure — up from 50% today — because future cloud UC offerings will be far ahead in terms of features, functions, portals, analytics and dashboards.”
- (SOURCE: Gartner “Y18Q3 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide” by Daniel O’Connell, Megan Fernandez, Rafael Benitez, Bjarne Munch, Christopher Trueman, Mihai Nguyen. October 10, 2018. G00342303)
Undoubtedly, it’s the end of the era for premise-based UC, and any enterprise still holding on to the soon-to-be PBX dinosaurs will be left to manage and maintain them on their own. Thus, the key CIO debate is no longer if you should migrate but which partner is best suited for your enterprise upgrade.
In my recent podcast with BCStrategies.com I talk in detail about best practices for hybrid deployments and phased implementations, which are critical for cost-effectively implementing UCaaS on a global scale.
With a Strong Ability to Execute and Services that Differentiate, Masergy is Proud to be “Niche”
Masergy’s position in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for UCaaS improved this year, moving up to demonstrate progress in our ability to execute. This year was Masergy’s second year to be evaluated. Key reasons for our advancement include a 30% increase in our UCaaS sales and revenue over the past 12 months alongside our engineering expertise that delivers a portfolio of adjacent services differentiating Masergy in the market.
The Gartner Magic Quadrant Report states:
- “Masergy provides a strong adjacent portfolio of data networking, SIP trunking, software-defined WAN (SD-WAN), CCaaS and managed security services that are bundled with UCaaS. This resembles larger CSPs, but its smaller organization size provides it with greater customer agility.
- Customers value Masergy’s SIP, gateway integration and engineering services to tie in hard-to-serve customer locations across the globe, including some emerging markets.
- Customers cite good technical support, integration capabilities and APIs to third-party applications (including Masergy’s recording capabilities). Masergy also communicates well with customers on product roadmap plans.”
- (SOURCE: Gartner “Y18Q3 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide” by Daniel O’Connell, Megan Marek Fernandez, Bjarne Munch, Rafael A. Benitez, Christopher Trueman. October 9, 2018. G00342303)
A Boutique-Like Experience with Seamless Migration
Masergy is proud to be positioned as a Niche Player in the 2018 UCaaS Magic Quadrant, which I believe suggests the intimate, boutique-like customer experience our clients receive. At Masergy, we’re known for service partnership and 99% customer retention rates alongside our Net Promoter Scores that far outrank those of the telecom and technology industries.
Our specialty is building a tight customer relationship that puts agility and business needs at the center.
When it comes to nimble yet global hybrid deployment models with phased implementations structured around a myriad of legacy PBX systems and their end-of-life calendars, Masergy shines. Our solution adapts to the technologies the customer already has in place and is wrapped with a rich set of features, dedicated personnel resources, and superior support.
Masergy UCaaS strengths include:
- Global availability with a truly localized experience
- Network connectivity flexibility: Run your communications over Masergy’s high-performance network, over your own network, or over any broadband connection and easily add new locations as needed
- Masergy’s network offers global availability with SLA guarantees including 100% in-sequence packet delivery, 0% packet loss, less than 1 millisecond of jitter, 99.9999% uptime with built-in disaster recovery and auto failover
- Global hybrid deployments for phased implementations
- UCaaS Analyst
- Easy integration with Cloud Contact Center and Managed Security solutions
- Business process integration with over 200 SaaS applications
As a niche player, Masergy delivers not only the functionality enterprises need but also the migration expertise, 24/7 support, unlimited training, and lifetime warranties. The takeaway: Masergy provides a level of value that can be found nowhere else on the competitive playing field.
When you’re deciding which UCaaS partner is best for your enterprise, be sure to invite Masergy to your discussion. Take a look at the Masergy UCaaS solution brief and contact our team for a free consultation.