IDG Study Reveals What Matters Most When Selecting a Managed Service Provider
Digital transformation is upon us, but many organizations lack the resources to deliver new services that drive the necessary change. To fill the gap, many IT leaders are turning to managed service providers (MSP), particularly for networking, communications and security. However, not all managed service providers are the same.
What matters most when selecting a managed service provider?
The Answer : Customer Experience
A recent IDG survey of IT leaders reveals that the #1 factor critical to the MSP decision-making process is customer experience. An estimated 60% of respondents consider it the most important attribute. The #2 attribute is the ability to customize solutions.
But, how do you identify managed service providers who deliver superior customer experiences?
Three elements of the customer experience can help distinguish the best managed services providers:
- Execution: Operational Excellence Results in Superior Service
- Visibility: Accessible Intelligence with Real-Time Analytics
- Control: Tight Service Controls Assure Change Responsiveness
In order for managed service providers to become a true partner, they must understand the customer’s needs and desired business outcomes. In fact, the IDG study showed that 66% of respondents rate this as critical. To meet this requirement, managed service providers must commit to the onboarding process and know how to turn expectations into complete solutions. Here’s how Masergy does it.
Masergy provides industry-leading customer experiences, as verified by our Net Promoter Score (NPS®) of 74. Our score is six times higher than the telecom industry average of 12 and three times greater than the B2B technology industry rating of 24. That’s why we have a customer retention rate of 99%.
So, exactly how does Masergy achieve such high NPS and customer retention?
- Customizable Solutions: Our IT solutions are customizable by design through our innovative Software Defined Platform. We don’t talk “feeds and speeds” the way that a legacy telecommunications company would. We whiteboard a custom network solution based on customer's unique connectivity and location needs. Next, we monitor network security using the most advanced Al-driven tools and strategies. Plus, we offer
- Superior Customer Service: Our 24×7 security monitoring and network support doesn’t trigger frustration in our customers. When customers call Masergy, they get to speak with Tier 1 support engineers typically with 30 seconds.
- Top Network Performance: Our legacy-free and globally available network platform delivers top performance backed by industry-leading global SLAs with proactive customer notifications of less than 5 minutes and industry-unique cloud connectivity SLAs with 99.99% service availability.
The Result: Our network and security monitoring is best-in-class, and when customers have a problem, experienced analysts and network experts are quickly available and highly responsive.
When customer experience matters, Masergy delivers.
Ready to add an MSP that delivers industry-leading customer experiences? Contact Masergy today.