Your Journey to the Cloud Just Got Easier
Did you notice the new Masergy.com home page? We recently changed our message to read "Your Journey to the Cloud Just Got Easier." We wanted to say "Your Journey to the Cloud and Beyond" but there just wasn't enough room. Real estate challenges aside, it's true. Masergy simplifies your migration to cloud computing. Let's start with why that simplification is so important in today's world, then explore cloud enablement platform requirements and how Masergy really makes it easier.
Today's Challenge: The Velocity of Change is Accelerating
At the highest level, CIOs face a fundamental challenge: The velocity of change. New disruptive technologies are being released at accelerating speeds, spawning the convergence of AI and IoT and also threading new security and software-defined capabilities throughout the fabric of our enterprise networks. Cloud adoption rates are also skyrocketing. Gartner predicts spending in public cloud services will reach $186.4 billion in 2018, excluding cloud advertising, which was removed from Gartner's public cloud service forecast segments (Gartner, Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2015-2021, 4Q17 Update, 15 January 2018 G00343435).
Cloud is the epitome of disruptive technology. Companies want to harness cloud applications for meaningful digital transformation, but are often challenged by the limitations of their network. You may have heard the famous Jack Welch quote: "If the rate of change on the outside exceeds the rate of change on the inside, the end is near." Many CIOs are feeling this pressure to keep pace with disruptive cloud technologies, and their legacy networks represent rigid infrastructure roadblocks on their journey to the cloud.
Cloud Enablement Platforms: You Must Remove the Dichotomy between Customization and Agility
Network solutions that are completely customizable and infinitely flexible normally don't go hand in hand. In fact, in this industry, they are typically oxymoronic, but ironically these coupled features are specifically what cloud migration requires. Consider that:
- When it comes to cloud transitions, IT leaders have concerns about security, compatibility, and interoperability
- Most companies need to use a mix of connectivity types and a mix of both public and private clouds to optimize their environment
- Hybrid capabilities are critical in connecting and unifying all clouds, data, services and applications
- In order to create a holistic, enterprise-strong cloud strategy, foundational cloud platforms must be integrated as a single architecture and have the ability to address unique business requirements
Hybrid networking and software defined platforms are the answer. They remove the dichotomy between customization and agility, delivering completely customizable and infinitely flexible solutions. Unless you're starting with a zero-IT footprint, transitioning to the cloud can be a long flight that may sometimes feel like chasing a rainbow in the cloud. Having an agile hybrid networking foundation allows you to integrate legacy IT environments and next-generation capabilities regardless of where they reside, turning the proverbial "long pole in the tent" into an innovation enabler.
Your Journey to the Cloud (and Beyond) Really is Easier
Masergy makes it easy to get to the cloud. How?
- A Cloud-Enabled Backbone with Direct Cloud Connections: Masergy's Software Defined Platform or "backbone" sits in the cloud. We've pre-engineered high capacity, direct private interconnects to hundreds of cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and IBM Bluemix. As your applications move to the cloud, we make it easy to directly connect these platforms to your private network.
- SLAs Deliver Predictable Performance: Supported by our industry-leading Service Level Agreements (SLAs), our Direct Cloud Connect service delivers a consistent application experience, guaranteed. With Direct Cloud Connect, Masergy offers dedicated private connectivity and SLAs to guarantee performance with 99.99 percent uptime for the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) cloud environments such as Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, and IBM Bluemix. So, even if your users are in small sales offices leveraging SD-WAN to connect to the Masergy backbone, once connected we guarantee the performance into that cloud server.
- Hybrid Networking with Integrated SD-WAN: The cloud is defined by attributes like scalability, flexibility, and customization. These incredibly flexible platforms and applications are delivered to the users via the enterprise network or the public internet. Unfortunately, legacy enterprise networks are rigid and static, and the public internet is inconsistent and unpredictable. Simplifying your journey to the cloud means establishing a networking platform that can integrate your disparate environments today and evolve with you in near real time. Masergy accomplishes this via a hybrid networking solution customized for your unique application environment. This hybrid architecture--where MPLS, SD-WAN, and the cloud work seamlessly together--is Masergy's sweet spot. Masergy Hybrid Networking with SD-WAN enables you to optimize the price, performance, and risk-tolerance equation without sacrificing the user experience.
- Access Agnostic Means Infinite Customization: Most SaaS cloud applications are directly accessible via the Internet. Legacy network designs that "hairpin" internet traffic through predetermined data centers are inefficient and expensive. Masergy maintains an access agnostic approach to enterprise networking. You can mix and match both public and private connections to strike the optimal balance among price, performance, and risk-management by location. So, every site is connected in the manner that makes the most sense for your business.
- Security Services Monitor Your Cloud Data: With so much corporate data moving to and through public cloud environments, CIOs are rightly concerned about security. There is no silver bullet when it comes to security. Network design, segmentation, and encryption must be combined with advanced protection/detection capabilities and continuous expert monitoring to enhance your security posture. In addition to unlimited virtual network environments, Masergy’s advanced managed detection and response (MDR) services are cloud ready. Cloud Workload Protection can help you secure cloud IaaS environments for a DevOps strategy and Security Monitoring for Office 365 provides a "single pane of glass" security view and 24/7 monitoring for enterprises invested in the Microsoft cloud ecosystem.
Ready to accelerate your journey to the cloud? Masergy's IT experts offer free consultations to help you navigate when it is appropriate to use public versus private cloud; when to use off premise versus on premise; where different types of data should be physically stored and accessed; which cloud providers, services, and solutions are right for your business; and build a smart process for moving to the cloud. Contact Masergy today for a free consultation.