Streamlining The Enterprise Cloud Transition: SD-WAN Go Offers More
Masergy customers are now getting more out of our SD-WAN Go solution with new and enhanced features that streamline the enterprise cloud transition. Masergy’s recent press release announced new enhancements that add sophisticated application routing and automatic path control, as well as an embedded advanced firewall and router.
By empowering organizations with networks that are agile as the cloud, SD-WAN Go can help you innovate more rapidly and achieve maximum ROI.
With the enhancements, SD-WAN Go now delivers:
- Improved application-based routing: Customers gain the advantage of building intelligence into the network to route traffic from their business-critical apps for maximum performance (e.g. prioritizing HD video conferencing traffic over sales database traffic).
- Improved automatic path control: A way for organizations to automatically switch to defined WAN links as needed. This feature provides real-time traffic steering to diverse WAN links, intelligently using all available bandwidth to enable sophisticated failover recovery in the event of an outage or should network conditions degrade into ‘brownout’.
- Embedded firewall, unified threat management, and routing: Avoid your next technology refresh expense and greatly simplify your architecture with these natively integrated capabilities.
Masergy has been making IT networks customizable by design for over a decade, and these additions offer innovations in virtualization and automation that are essential to the future of enterprise networking. The enhancements also solidify SD-WAN Go as the most cost-effective and feature-rich solution on the market, helping you easily deploy customized hybrid WANs that deliver optimal application performance.
SD-WAN Go vs. Pro: Which option is right for you?
SD-WAN Go is the ideal solution for companies that have typical enterprise application environments and want to tap into the inherent power and performance of Masergy’s global Software Defined Platform. The premium option, SD-WAN Pro, is recommended only for customers with ultra-complex, global enterprise application environments. Both solutions provide powerful control, analytics, and resiliency features. Determining which is right for your business comes down to two fundamental criteria:
- Your application environment and
- Your desired end-state network architecture
Every business has constructed their network using an array of applications that serve their particular needs. As such, each business requires different tools. The analogy I like to use compares a hammer to a screwdriver. While the optimal networking tool for one business might be a hammer, other businesses might prefer a screwdriver. Both the hammer and the screwdriver are highly effective tools, and each has distinct advantages.
Likewise, SD-WAN Go and Pro are both highly sophisticated solutions, each with unique strengths.
In addition to the new features listed above, SD-WAN Go includes:
- True zero-touch provisioning: Businesses do not need any IT staff for configuring and booting up the SD-WAN device or virtual instance.
- Centralized orchestration: With centralized policy-based routing and configuration management, businesses attain coordinated and automated management of services and can streamline dealing with changing network patterns and performance requirements.
- Automatic IP-VPN encrypted tunnels: The enterprise standard for data encryption builds in security assurance for all VPN tunnels.
- Embedded network analysis and reporting: A single pane-of-glass visibility into network health delivered from a unified portal.
- Active-active configuration. Businesses can leverage primary and backup circuits simultaneously while still supporting failover requirements, providing better bang for the buck and resiliency.
- Connectivity to cloud partners. Direct connectivity to Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and IBM Bluemix cloud platforms with industry-unique service level agreements ensures steady application performance.
SD-WAN Pro retains many of the core SD-WAN Go features with the added benefits of:
- Granular application-based routing: Applications tagged as high-traffic, such as voice and video conferencing systems, are able to appropriately leverage available bandwidth and get the priority routing they require.
- Advanced Forward Error Correction: Real-time packet order correction averts potential losses in data transfer quality due to a network event or during periods of congestion, improving application performance across WANs that have high-loss characteristics.
To learn more about SD-WAN Go and Pro, download the SD-WAN White Paper.