The CIO’s Unified Communications Checklist
Like many enterprise systems, unified communications is moving from expensive and rigid on-premise deployments to hybrid and pure cloud solutions. Enterprises that adopt cloud communications gain the cost advantages of an OPEX versus CAPEX model.
Cloud-based unified communications as a service (UCaaS) provides elasticity and agility for a workforce that is increasingly mobile, often geographically dispersed and generally inclined to rely on its own devices, from laptops to smartphones. As long as there’s an Internet connection, these workers have access to communications, collaboration and productivity applications at any time, from any device, and in any location.
Going the unified communications route helps take the burden off of IT staff when it comes to handling configuration, maintenance, and feature upgrades, as well as ensuring business continuity. That’s a particular help when IT resources are limited – or when businesses don’t consider operating these solutions a core competency of its staff.
Businesses contemplating using a pure or hybrid UCaaS offering, however, need to perform due diligence to ensure that they make the right provider choice.
That’s why Masergy was excited to participate in a mock RFP event at the recent Enterprise Connect 2016 in Orlando that was geared to helping enterprises learn about the evolving unified communications technology and what’s important for them to consider in order to make good choices for their businesses.
The emphasis of the exercise was management, mobility and conferencing. Among the key takeaways is that the market is evolving to provide highly reliable and secure solutions. In addition, costs have come down this year compared to last.There are significant differences among solutions and we were glad to have the opportunity at the RFP session to highlight what we think helps us stand out, such as:
- A fully-customizable global UCaaS solution with hosted, SIP trunking and hybrid deployment options
- Integrated communications from any device
- Customized integration with leading CRM applications
- Global service availability and an industry-leading global SLA
- Single point of contact 24/7 with proactive monitoring
- Built-in disaster recovery with automatic failover
- Lifetime warranty and support for all hardware
- Skype for Business Integration, which enables users to to continue to use the Skype collaboration features they want such as instant messaging, presence, and desktop sharing while leveraging our UCaaS capabilities to make voice calls through the PSTN.
- Virtual Meeting Room, a secure collaboration space where multiple video conferencing participants can enjoy interoperability from anywhere, on any device leveraging WebRTC technology.
- Real-time UCaaS Analyst, a Web-based call quality tool that provides end-to-end UC performance visibility across WAN infrastructure, unlimited monitoring of endpoints for all subscribed users and services, and the ability to manage, filter and analyze data into actionable insights to reduce time to resolution.
Management and analytics are a point of significant differentiation among vendors. Time-strapped IT professionals value a solution with analytics and other tools to help them easily understand system usage and generate reports.
Masergy ranked among the top RFPs submitted, based on architecture, functional/technical capabilities, and total cost of ownership. A full summary will be published on nojitter, so keep an eye out if you’d like more details about the RFP results.
But no need to wait to get in touch with us here at Masergy, especially if you’ve already begun crafting your own RFP for a UCaaS solution. We’re more than happy to show you how well our Cloud Communications offerings will match up against your specific requirements.