The Transformation Trifecta at the Heart of the Hybrid Work Revolution
There’s no doubt that we have arrived at a hybrid work zeitgeist where work-from-anywhere has permanently changed the business landscape technologically, culturally and practically. Today, companies flex a new acumen that has allowed us to come back stronger after the uncertainties of the past two years. We now have the confidence of having been acutely pressure-tested against the realities that:
- Change will always be the only constant.
- IT is the keyholder of digital transformation.
- Shifting norms cannot distract from the prize—protecting business continuity, security and the “total experience” of accommodating every user in every circumstance.
However, we should not get too comfortable with our newfound confidence. The question now is: With hybrid work here to stay, how efficient and sustainable is your strategy?
Now that we are beyond the “keeping the lights on” phases of darker days, maintaining a dispersed workforce that is collaborative and cyber-secure is the long-term imperative. Nearly half of employees will work remotely at least some of the time, according to a Gartner, Inc. report. That’s up from 30% pre-pandemic. Just 12% of businesses plan to bring their workforces back to the office on a full-time basis, according to a Metrigy report.
This is why now is the time for every company to reassess its hybrid work model—from real estate to culture and IT—to understand the impacts of panic-stricken pandemic processes, remaining gaps and capitalizing on the opportunities of an always-on everywhere strategy.
Evaluating your hybrid-work IT model comes down to a three-part formula—connectivity, cybersecurity and collaboration—as these are the key disciplines. However, the unity of the framework is what separates leaders from laggards. Most companies find that all three function in separate workstreams. Herein lies the problem. It’s time to unite these disciplines into one transformation trifecta so that the core elements of hybrid work actually work together. This creates a more secure, resilient and efficient environment for the end game.
Harmonizing Connectivity, Cybersecurity and Collaboration
Each discipline must be evaluated individually but also brought into the fold as part of the required triple-play for hybrid work success.
- A modernized network—defined by the cloud and software-defined infrastructure—is needed to deliver highly reliable digital services to the expanding edges of today’s IT environment (your users).
- The key to delivering “total experience” at scale but also at cost is to take advantage of all access types, including high-speed broadband and 5G.
- When the network performance is the user experience, AI for IT operations (AIOps) technologies can ensure positive outcomes by predicting performance problems, intelligently managing application policies, forecasting bandwidth and preventing outages.
- Return-to-work efforts will not alleviate security risks; we cannot put the cat back in the bag. With 69% of workers using personal devices for work, endpoint security and user identity access management are of top concern.
- Digital services have put a new emphasis on the cloud, which is another area of security focus. Multifactor authentication, cloud application security and shadow IT risks must be addressed.
- Modern security architectures are a must, including zero trust implemented across all IT domains—identity, endpoints, data, applications and infrastructure both on-premise and cloud.
- We may be “Zoomed out,” but don’t tune out the opportunities for better video collaboration. Ensure your team is consolidating toolsets with more advanced digital spaces.
- As Gartner, Inc. notes: “By 2025, cloud-native platforms will serve as the foundation for more than 95% of new digital initiatives—up from less than 40% in 2021.” Communications are key among them, fostered by partners at the intersection of networking, SIP trunking and cloud interconnections.
- When video is how business gets done, bandwidth is the new corporate real estate. It’s where we work, and it’s where investment is needed. Companies are increasingly being asked to deliver perfect user experiences over public network connections that are inherently unstable. In these cases, technologies like SD-WAN and SASE can help address quality, consistency and security.
Pulling it All Together
While the hybrid workplace has multiple disciplines, they should be approached holistically. Look across each area of opportunity to create a cohesive system with synchronization at key areas of overlap. The modern workplace is redefined by a new level of digital transformation strategy across people, processes and organizational structure. These guiding steps can help you get started.
- Break down traditional silos. IT, security and procurement have traditionally worked in separate departments. Now more than ever, synchronicity across cloud-based business applications, devices and network entry points need to work in close tandem to share information. When interdependencies inherently link connectivity, cybersecurity and collaboration, one approach and one platform should address it all—especially as security threats grow.
- Create a culture of collaborative change agents. Bring people from various departments together to determine how to unite multiple disciplines. IT will play a critical role in assessing technological steps, but HR and communications should also be part of shaping and sharing change management. Remember to answer these questions for employees: What’s in it for me? What are the benefits to the business? How will my performance be measured? Make sharing information, working together and progress reports easy for employees with modern tools and interfaces that integrate with mobile devices.
- Put smarter support processes in place. With the trends of accelerated transformation, consider outsourcing expert functions to augment already stretched teams. HR, network and security management services can make a world of difference in today’s complex, 24/7 business environment.
- Don’t forget about AI. It is far more difficult to reconcile data feeds across the multiple silos of connectivity, cybersecurity and collaboration than it is to have AI deeply embedded into your transformation trifecta platform, generating a wealth of overarching insights.
Today, the future is bright as companies recalibrate, making the work-from-anywhere revolution now sustainable for the future. In light of converging strategies and technologies, executives have a vast opportunity to rethink how their workforces and workflows can turn the disruption of the past two years into a competitive advantage for the next decade.
Interested in how SASE can improve your business?
Call us now to arrange a consultation (866) 588-5885.
Or arrange for a consultation through our request form.
Three Considerations for Creating a Future-Ready Enterprise
Learn about what business leaders should do to create a technology-forward, future-ready enterprise.
Securing the Network Edge: Endpoint detection and response can reduce serious incidents by 50%
What is EDR and how is different from XDR? Masergy explains that and more.
Understanding ZTNA Relationship to Zero Trust and SASE
Zero Trust Network Access gets mixed up with Zero Trust and SASE. Understand the differences and how it strengthens security.
Cybersecurity Blind Spots: Why You’re Unaware of Risks Hiding in Your Own IT Environment
Companies today have more security weaknesses. Explore three common blindspots and how to turn on the light switch.
Delivering On The Digital-First Promise: How To Meet Heightened Demand With Less Risk
The best digital strategies foster an IT ecosystem where checks and balances allow emerging technologies to synthesize with security and the network.
Why EDR is an essential requirement for cyber insurance
A company applying for a cyber insurance policy must demonstrate that it has effective cybersecurity policies and countermeasures in place.
AI Can Automate Your Network: Buyer’s Guide from ZK Research
Want to use AI to automate your network? These three tips from ZK Research serve as a buyer’s guide for AIOps success.
Cloud Security Best Practices: Advice from Forrester
Security for cloud migration is the new imperative. Forrester’s best practices report includes these four key guidelines.
Sorting Out the Differences in SSE, SASE and SD-WAN
Running a network, connecting users to information, and defending enterprise data have all been becoming interdependent workloads. This article will help buyers sort out what they need and who offers the best solutions in each category.
Think of SASE as a Framework — Not a Checklist
A checklist approach to SASE can be problematic. Instead, tailor your perfect SASE solution to solve your biggest business problems — here’s how.
Masergy Acquisition helps Comcast Business be Named a 2022 Market Leader for Managed SD-WAN Services and SDN Transformation Services by ISG
Solution advancements as well as the increased capabilities gained from Masergy make Comcast Business an SD-WAN 'Leader'.
Rebalancing security and business innovation post-pandemic
The accelerated transformation has spurred new governance phases. Rebalance innovation and security by putting these checks and balances in place.
New 2022 SASE Market Trends Study Shows Solutions Exceed Expectations in Remote Work Connectivity and Security
Distributed workforce trends and digital services accelerate SASE investments, according to CIO research sponsored by Masergy and Fortinet.
CIO Survey Says SASE Solutions are Exceeding Expectations
New research from CIO reveals which SASE features early adopters prioritize and where benefits payout beyond initial predictions.
Masergy, Fortinet, and Ingram Micro Trailblazing SD-WAN for Resellers with New Managed Services Sales Route
Offering enables resellers to easily scale their businesses, meeting growing demand for network and security services supporting hybrid work.
Masergy Wins “Editor’s Choice MSSP of the Year” Global InfoSec Award During RSA Conference 2022
As a leading managed security services provider, Masergy earns one of Cyber Defense Magazine’s most prestigious awards. Here’s why.
Getting Software‑Defined Network as a Service (SD‑NaaS) Right
Explore modern SD-NaaS, understanding benefits, drawbacks, ways to get started, and considerations when selecting your provider.
The Comcast Business Story – An Overview
Comcast Business and Masergy have joined forces - We are your one provider for all your secure networking needs.
SEVEN leaders from Comcast Business and Masergy recognized on CRN’s 2022 Women of the Channel List!
New Distribution Route Makes SD-WAN Services Frictionless for Resellers
Can you hear me OK? How to keep video conferencing from dragging down your network
A more reliable network service is non-negotiable when relying on video conferencing for hybrid work. Here’s what IT leaders should consider.
Making the Business Case for SASE
Want to make SASE a no-brainer? Explore the essential elements for justifying your investment, and leveraging your existing initiatives to get started.
Masergy Awarded 2022 TMCnet Remote Work Pioneer Award
Masergy succeeds in making remote work actually work well for IT teams in the long run.
Masergy Awarded 2022 INTERNET TELEPHONY SD-WAN Product of the Year Award
Masergy’s SD-WAN demonstrates the innovation, vision, and execution to deliver software-based networking tools driving upward market trajectory.
Masergy Acquisition Helps Comcast Business Achieve #2 Position in 2021 U.S. Carrier Managed SD-WAN Services Leaderboard
As the fastest growing SD-WAN company, Comcast Business takes second position, thanks to organic growth and Masergy.
Masergy Wins Fortinet’s MSSP Partner of the Year Award
The award recognizes Masergy's exemplifying innovation, growth, and strategic business alignment with Fortinet.
AIOps lessons learned: Be careful when selecting a vendor
The path to AI raises several questions. Where should you start? Learn how AIOps can make operations speedier and more efficient.
Masergy Named as a Visionary in 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Services, Global for Sixth Consecutive Year
Masergy today announced it has been named a Visionary in Gartner, Inc.’s March 2022 Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global, report.
Improve your hybrid workplace video experience: Proven approaches for multi-cloud application performance management
Companies need guaranteed performance between their enterprise network and the UC provider’s service network. Here's how to ensure it.
Masergy: “multi-cloud environments make it difficult to control what’s happening in borderless networks”
Masergy's Trevor Parks talks to Cybernews about security threats in modern multi-cloud environments.
MSS, MDR, SOCaaS: The differences in security services and how to choose
The catalogue of security services abbreviations keeps getting longer. Here are some quick definitions and tips to help compare offerings.
Action plans for Log4j or Log4shell
The “Log4Shell" or “Log4j/Shell” vulnerability is one of the most serious cyber threats in recent history. Why is it such a serious concern and what can you do about it?
Meeting the moment for hybrid work cybersecurity
A growing number of cyberattacks and the explosion of hybrid work have pushed security resources to the brink, exposing the need for more managed services backed by machine learning.
Your security service provider needs an upgrade: RFP questions to find a true partner
How do you ensure you’re getting the right combination of security expertise and operational excellence all in one provider? These questions can help.