Executive/Executive Assistant – The Executive service allows Masergy users to have a pool of assistants who can answer and initiate calls on their behalf. The Executive service and Executive-Assistant service are found in the service packs for Enterprise User, Executive User and Power User.
Executive and Executive-Assistant are two interrelated services that together deliver the following functionality:
- A user with the Executive service can define a pool of assistants who manage their calls. The assistants have to be selected among the users in the same group or enterprise who have the Executive-Assistant service assigned.
- A user with the Executive-Assistant service can answer and initiate calls on behalf of their executives.
- Both the executive and their assistants can specify which calls should be forwarded to the assistants, how assistants should be alerted about incoming calls, and which of the calls forwarded to the assistants should be presented to the executive for screening.
Call filtering determines whether an incoming call intended for the executive should be routed to their assistants. If the call passes filtering, it is routed to the available assistants (assistants who have not opted out of the executive’s pool).
Assistants can be alerted either sequentially or simultaneously about incoming calls.>
When no assistant answers the call, a rollover action is applied, which can be one of the following:
Send the call to voice mail
- Send the call to voice mail
- Forward the call to a specified location
- No answer processing
The executive or an assistant configures which calls to forward to the executive’s assistants via the web portal and can enable or disable call filtering. In addition, the executive can activate or deactivate call filtering using feature access codes. To enable or disable call filtering, the executive dials the Executive Call Filtering Activation/Executive Call Filtering Deactivation feature access code. When call filtering is disabled, all calls are routed to the executive.
Calls that are filtered and routed to the assistants can also be presented to the executive for screening. The following locations can be alerted in addition to the executive’s main location:
- Masergy Mobility location
- Masergy Anywhere locations
- Shared Call Appearance locations
The executive’s main location is always alerted when call screening is enabled. If the executive answers a call, all other call legs are released.
Executive Call Initiation and Call Push
An assistant can initiate a call on behalf of their executive. To initiate a call, the assistant dials the Executive-Assistant Initiate Call feature access code, followed by the executive’s number and the destination number. If any of the numbers is not provided, the assistant is prompted to provide it.
To transfer a call to the executive for whom the call is intended, the assistant dials the Executive-Assistant Call Push feature access code. The call can be either a filtered call answered by the assistant or a call initiated by the assistant on behalf of the executive via the Executive-Assistant Initiate Call feature access code.
The request is only valid when the assistant has a single answered executive call, and that answered call is connected to the same location from which the assistant dialed the feature access code. Otherwise, the call is released. If the executive does not answer the call within a configured time, the call is recalled to the assistant’s device.