Hunt Groups allows incoming calls to a central phone number to be distributed among the members of that group according to a hunting policy. Hunt Groups route incoming calls to an idle user in the group based on an ordered list. Hunt Groups do not have a queue to hold unanswered calls, so call overflow is handled with Auto Attendant or a designated voicemail inbox.
Masergy standard Hunt Groups supports the following hunting policies:
- Regular (linear) – The incoming calls to the group start hunting on the first user in the list and hunt all the provisioned users sequentially, until an idle user is found or the end of the list is reached.
- Circular – The incoming calls to the group start hunting with the user following the last user to receive a call. When the end of the list is reached, the hunting circles back to the first user in the list. The hunting ends when an idle user is found or all the users have been visited.
- Uniform – The incoming calls to the group are presented with the user that has been idle for the longest time.
- Simultaneous – The incoming calls alert all idle users in the group. The call is connected to the first user to answer the call.
- Weighted – The incoming calls alert agents in a pseudo-random fashion according to their relative weight. Agents with a higher weight are assigned more incoming calls than agents with lower weights. In all cases, if all users in the hunt group are busy, the incoming call is provided with the busy processing that applies to the hunt group.