A Guide to the Masergy - Cisco Relationship
How do Cisco and Masergy partner together?
Masergy and Cisco have a long-standing partnership, with a relationship history that spans more than a decade. Masergy’s Unified Communications (UCaaS) and Cloud Contact Center (CCaaS) solutions are powered by Cisco. We embedded Cisco’s best-of-breed applications into our global software-defined network, so clients can tap into Cisco’s industry-leading technologies and support them with network services from Masergy. Together, we’re the perfect pair for all-in-one solutions delivering reliable connectivity for front and back-office communications across the globe.
- 2004: Masergy began offering global unified communications as a service (Global UCaaS) solutions based on Cisco-owned technology, helping enterprises easily migrate their PBX systems into the cloud.
- 2017: Masergy added Cloud Contact Center solutions based on the Cisco Customer Journey Platform (now Webex Contact Center) for enterprises to transition their legacy call centers to an omnichannel cloud platform.
- 2019: Masergy was selected as a Global Premier Partner for its Customer Journey Platform (now Webex Contact Center) based on a large number of successful enterprise deployments.
- 2020 and Beyond: Masergy’s UCaas and CCaaS solutions continue to be powered by Webex advancing with the latest technology innovations
Here’s what Cisco says about Masergy
We are continually investing in and developing on the Webex Contact Center to enable our customers to innovate and differentiate themselves on the basis of those experiences, … We are extremely proud of our partnership with Masergy, and the great work they’re doing to deliver that for our customers and the cloud market.
What is the future of the Masergy-Cisco partnership?
Masergy’s partnership with Cisco is grounded in our shared vision of empowering digital transformation in the enterprise. Our 15+ year history of combining Masergy services with Cisco technologies serves as a foundation for our partnership moving forward. In enabling the work-from-anywhere future, Masergy is continually deepening our integration with Webex technologies. We see this as a critical requirement in advancing our Unified Communications and Cloud Contact Center solutions to deliver an unparalleled cloud-native collaboration experience for businesses of any size.
How has Cisco recognized Masergy as a valuable partner?
At the 2019 Contact Center Summit, Cisco presented Masergy with two awards recognizing our company as the top strategic partner in delivering Webex Contact Center solutions to the market. The #1 Global Webex Contact Center Users award reflects the fact that Masergy has the largest number of active users worldwide, and the Top Webex Contact Center Bookings (America) award serves as a way of distinguishing Masergy’s joint Cisco solution as the most preferred by American enterprises. Indeed, Masergy is a Global Premier Partner aggressively driving Cisco’s growth with unrivaled application performance across the globe, and we’re honored to receive this recognition.
What makes Masergy and Cisco technologies a good fit for each other?
Companies of every size are looking for a no-hassle migration path to cloud communications, but there is a dearth of bundled solutions that smoothly blend Cisco’s Webex applications with reliable network services. For this reason, Cisco and Masergy are the perfect pair, because our solutions unite Cisco’s UCaaS and CCaaS applications with reliable network and SIP trunking services from Masergy. Cisco is a perennial Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for UCaaS and a Visionary in CCaaS. Also, Masergy is a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Managed Network Services. When our solutions come together, IT executives know that they can boldly move their organizations forward with recognized partners.
How does it work? Cisco’s technologies are embedded into Masergy’s software-defined network, so enterprises get an all-in-one UCaaS and CCaaS solution that delivers reliable connectivity for global communications. Plus, it’s all managed with built-in security services provided by Masergy.
Which of Masergy’s solutions are powered by Cisco?
- Unified Communications: Masergy leverages Cisco technology to enable HD-quality business voice calling over our global Managed SD-WAN Secure networking service. Masergy UCaaS customers can replace their onsite PBX systems with our Cisco-powered solution that enables full cloud-based PSTN replacement in 25 countries. In addition, Masergy offers Webex Meetings and Webex Teams for enterprise-grade business collaboration on a global scale.
- Cloud Contact Center: Enabling call center agents to manage all voice, email, and chat interactions from one unified desktop experience. Masergy leverages Webex technology to integrate customer relationship management databases that predictively route customers with the agent that can resolve their issue the fastest. Masergy Cloud Contact Center also connects agents to supervisors and back-office subject matter experts with instant voice and chat tools to improve customer satisfaction while minimizing app switching.
What are the benefits of a Masergy-Cisco solution?
IT leaders aiming to take advantage of Webex tools often use disparate approaches, where they must procure the network service separately and ensure it is properly integrated. This not only puts the burden on the customer, but it also makes the installation more complex, slowing the deployment process and increasing the likelihood of complications. Masergy solves this problem, giving companies an easy migration path to the cloud. Our solutions combine Cisco’s best-of-breed communications technology with Masergy’s software-defined network services, SIP-trunking, and expertise to provide clients with a fully integrated solution for business communications and remote collaboration.
As one of the original 30 Cisco/Broadsoft partners, Masergy has been well-versed in the product portfolio since 2004 and has industry-tested cloud migration paths for legacy environments. We bring unparalleled expertise in designing and executing cloud migrations. Right up front, we show buyers solution designs that dig into the IT architecture details giving clear visibility into how network connectivity is integrated, where and when private connectivity can be used for on-premise or PBX-based services, and how call flow paths will be unified via the network service. When there’s a lot of underlying infrastructure that must all work together, this transparency and integration success history creates a sense of certainty for the decision maker.
- Improve UCaaS and CCaaS application performance: Masergy’s software-defined network was purpose-built for real-time applications like VoIP and video conferencing and is known for delivering a consistent user experience across the globe
- Enhance interoperability: Clients get one dashboard for all their performance metrics including network, UCaaS, and CCaaS
- Avoid rip and replace strategies with SIP Trunking: Masergy’s hybrid cloud solutions allow you to maximize your existing on premises-based PBX investments while taking advantage of everything a cloud-based solution can provide.
- Simplify integration and automation: Seamlessly connect with confidence to a broad array of SaaS applications including Microsoft® Office 365TM, Salesforce®, Google G SuiteTM, Slack, Marketo, Basecamp, Twitter, and 200+ enterprise apps.
- Create a smooth migration: Masergy’s experience with Cisco dates back to 2004, so clients get expert migration services with customized implementations that are designed to meet the needs of every organization
- Get dedicated resources: Masergy offers a complete implementation program with a dedicated project manager
How do Masergy’s Cisco-powered solutions enable a work-from-home strategy?
When the world is demanding new ways of working, Masergy’s Cisco-powered solutions can help you deliver a work-from-anywhere IT platform. Our all-in-one solutions combine:
- UCaaS and CCaaS applications powered by Cisco: Calling, Meetings, Teams, and cloud contact center solutions backed by Masergy’s network for reliable performance around the globe
- VPN connections: rapid-deploy VPN connections backed by software-defined agility and built-in security
- SD-WAN and SD-Branch: When every remote employee becomes a branch office to provision, Masergy’s SD-WAN solutions deliver solutions for the remote workforce
- Built-In Security: Home Wi-Fi routers and work-issued devices shared at home can become new attack vectors for hackers to exploit, but Masergy mitigates security risks using cloud firewalls that make it easy to open SSL tunnels and secure them with 24/7 threat monitoring and response services
- Endpoint detection and response
- Identity-based WAN analytics
- Cloud security technologies like Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- End-to-end security solutions
Interested in how Managed Security can improve your business?
Call us now to arrange a consultation (866) 588-5885.
Or arrange for a consultation through our request form.
Ransomware cases grew 150% in 2020 with nearly 8 in 10 American companies experiencing attacks. Learn how Ransomware works, how it's spread, and how to defend against it.
SIEM and SIEMaaS
Understand the trends and pressures that make Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) an essential element of a robust security strategy.
What is Network Automation?
Networks are time and labor-intensive, making automation highly desirable. But what can be automated and when will networks be fully autonomous? Here are the answers.
What is Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA)?
Explore ZTNA and its current relevance given trends in Zero Trust, SASE, and today’s need to limit access rights based on user identity.
AIOps – A Masergy Guide
AIOps (a key enabler of Autonomous Networking) is technology that uses machine-learning algorithms to automate & optimize an organization's IT operations, particularly its network.
A Guide to Endpoint Security
Learn how Endpoint Security can protect devices like desktops, laptops, mobile phones & tablets from cyber attacks such as ransomware, phishing, & more.
Cloud Networking – A Masergy Guide
Cloud networking involves building a network using cloud services rather than hardware. Here’s an introduction and how Masergy’s cloud network works.
Digital Transformation – A Masergy Guide
A digital transformation can elevate your enterprise to a new level of agility and increase your competitive advantage. Learn how these secure global networks and cloud-based team collaboration solutions can put you in control, ready to face the future with confidence.
Microsoft Teams – A Masergy Guide
What are the requirements for Microsoft Teams, and how can direct routing options save you money? Here’s what you need to know about Teams.
This 101 class explains why Cybersecurity is important and how it works, while exploring the differences between Cloud Security.
Want an introduction to SASE? Are you curious to know how it works, the basic features, and the key differentiators of Masergy’s SASE solution? Get all the answers here.
Want an introduction to SD-WAN? Are you curious to know how it works, the basic features, and the key differentiators of Masergy’s SD-WAN solutions? Get all the answers here.
Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solutions are complex software systems designed for businesses with users who access cloud-based data and services that act as automated security mediators between users and cloud service providers. Learn how CASB helps to mitigate cybersecurity risks.
Find the answers to your frequently asked questions on Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). Quickly adopt voice, video, IM & conferencing tools.
Want an overview of security, the primary technologies used, and what a managed security service provider does? Here are the answers to your frequently asked questions.