DALLAS (Oct. 26, 2006) – Masergy, a global service provider specializing in simplifying business networks for enterprises, was named a finalist in the Innovation category of the 2006 Ethernet Service Provider Awards from Light Reading and Heavy Reading.
“The key to success at Masergy has been our dual commitment to increased access to next- generation technologies and enhancement of the customer experience,” said Barry D. Nalls, president and CEO of Masergy. “We are extremely honored to be included in these prestigious industry awards from Heavy Reading, and I am especially proud our team is leading the way not only in product solutions but also in customer satisfaction and service.”
Supporting hundreds of enterprise customers and thousands of network circuits across six continents, Masergy has impressively limited annual “customer churn” to less than one percent during six years that the company has been in operation.
Based on the following criteria, Heavy Reading’s Innovation Award recognizes service providers that demonstrate the greatest sales, marketing, and product innovation:
- Clear commitment to shift customers from legacy data services toward next-generationEthernet connectivity services and applications
- Deployment of new network technologies that enhance the feature-richness of the Ethernet portfolio
- SLA leadership
- Choice of service access on-ramps
- Solutions tailored for particular industry verticals
- Web service portals and other means of improving the customer experience
- Innovative sales and marketing campaigns
Masergy has redefined delivery of enterprise network services in three areas of innovation:
- Global Ethernet – As the first to create global Ethernet virtual private networks (VPNs), Masergy enabled companies to continue Ethernet LAN connectivity anywhere in the world and introduced the VPLS global virtual private LAN service;
- Service-embedded network management – In early 2006, Masergy launched Network Analyst, the first and only service-embedded WAN traffic analysis tool created to simplify and optimize enterprise network management;
- Customer-controlled networking – With Masergy’s Web-based Service Control Center (SCC), enterprise customers remotely control service provisioning, availability and changes in real time.
Masergy Finalist for 2006 Ethernet Service Provider Innovation Award
The company’s technology leadership was recognized in 2005 with the Network World “EnterpriseAll-Star” honor and the Network Magazine Innovation Award for “Most Visionary Data Service.”
Masergy has also achieved average quarterly revenue growth of more than 30 percent for the past18 quarters, with annual revenue of nearly $50 million for FY2006 (ended June 30). Since May 2006 the company’s first five years of success has resulted in four regional business awards and profitability in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).
Masergy is a privately held global service provider specializing in simplifying business networks for enterprises. Serving customers throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas, Masergyleverages Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) across an Internet Protocol (IP)-based network to cost- effectively deliver multiple services over a single connection. Masergy’s customers include companies from the financial/banking, healthcare, entertainment broadcasting, hospitality/hotels and manufacturing industries.
More information is available online at www.masergy.com or by calling +1 866-MASERGY.
About HEAVY READING:
Heavy Reading (www.heavyreading.com) is an independent market research organization offering quantitative analysis of telecom technology to service providers, vendors, and investors. Its mandate is to provide the comprehensive competitive analysis needed today for the deployment of profitable networks based on next- generation hardware and software.
About LIGHT READING INC.:
Founded in 2000, Light Reading Inc. (www.lightreading.com) is the ultimate source for technology and financial analysis of the communications industry, leading the media sector in terms of traffic, content, and reputation. It reaches an extensive audience of executives and technologists within the telecom and enterprise networking communities, as well as the financial/industry analysts and investors who track these sectors. Light Reading was acquired by United Business Media in August 2005, and operates as a unit of CMP Technology.