Addison, Texas, March 22, 2011 – Global DataGuard®, the premier provider of network behavior analysis-based (NBA) Unified Enterprise Security™(UES), today introduced the VMware-enabled Unified Enterprise Cloud Security™All-n-One Security Module™(ASM), a high performance virtual server built specifically for the company’s VMware-based security applications. The first hardware appliance of its kind, the ASM™system unifies Global DataGuard’s entire Cloud Guard™Unified Enterprise Cloud Security™(UECS) suite – including adaptive Network Behavior Analysis and Correlation, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Vulnerability Scanning and Management, prioritized Threat Management for network, global and vendor threats & vulnerabilities, Security and Event Log Management and Monitoring, and Network Access and Policy Monitoring – into a single virtual server with a complete managed security service infrastructure that includes a unified console and a built-in ticketing system. The ASM can be provisioned to secure public, private and hybrid cloud environments as well as physical LAN/WAN environments and is capable of unifying security for multi-locational networks.
According to IDC, cloud security is viewed by CIOs as the greatest obstacle to adoption. IT security experts and analysts agree that compliance concerns – PCI in particular – and the need for better access control and identity management will remain “top of mind” with information and security executives in 2011. Further, analysts predict that most customers will choose to create a virtualized data center on-premise, as an interim measure, as opposed to putting business sensitive applications in a public cloud environment.
“We believe that most networks will be a blend of physical, virtual and cloud technologies for the foreseeable future,” stated Scott Paly, chief executive officer for Global DataGuard. “That’s why we’ve designed the All-n-One Security Module to help customers not only achieve greater IT security control of whatever mix of physical and virtual infrastructure their network utilizes, but also reduce overall IT-related costs in capital expenditures, IT staffing and training.”
Unified Security Anywhere
Within a customer’s private cloud ecosystem, the All-n-one Security Module’s network behavior analysis capability performs predictive analysis by retaining and correlating suspicious raw packet data for a rolling 14-30 days and signature alerts and behavioral profiles for six months or more to provide early warnings of security threats that other products cannot see. Further, the ASM system can:
- adapt to evolving networks, track network resources, and detect stealth, reconnaissance or previously unknown threats;
- perform intrusion detection and prevention, including customizable signatures for DLP and compliance;
- perform sophisticated analysis, correlation and alerting on logs and store the raw logs and alerts for over a year;
- provision on-demand, unlimited license vulnerability scanning and real-time correlation of scans with other alerts;
- monitor network access and policies for use of critical assets;
- facilitate data sharing with other ASM security applications to connect the dots between multiple threats;
- offer an easy-to-use, instant view of prioritized network, global, vendor and vulnerability threats and the underlying data that created them via a portal that provides unified administration and monitoring;
- ensure zero network latency via 100% passive deployment;
- lower hardware, power, and cooling costs by utilizing a shared virtualized infrastructure and driving higher hardware utilization rates;
- enable customers to supplement IT staffing requirements with 24/7 managed security services that typically costs less than one full-time employee and can be purchased with or without a contract;
- provide unparalleled price/performance in an easy-to-install system that can be up and running in hours as opposed to days or weeks.
The ASM is a fully integrated component within Global DataGuard’s VMware-based Cloud Guard UECS™portfolio. Cloud Guard technology provides a customizable, self-contained unified security system. All Global DataGuard systems allow businesses to maximize IT security staffing with 24/7 Managed Security and Professional Services that provide realtime visibility, control and oversight of an organization’s entire network ecosystem. These managed services can be purchased with or without a contract and typically cost less than one full-time employee.
The ASM is also supported by the CloudCheck Certification Program™, a vendor-neutral service that enables businesses to ensure their cloud or premise-based/private cloud networks meet stringent government and industry standards pertaining to the confidentiality, integrity and security of sensitive customer data.
Pricing and Availability
The All-n-One Security Module is available immediately and is priced at $10,000.00 in the U.S. for a base system. The ASM can be loaded in any configuration, from a single security module to a complete, fully integrated security system. Custom configurations can be designed and priced based on an organization’s unique network requirements. In addition, Global DataGuard’s customizable security suite and managed security services are available through a 30-day free product and services evaluation to qualified organizations. Companies interested in this ‘no-cost’ trial offer may request additional information by contacting Global DataGuard at 972.980.1444, x226, or by completing a request for information on the Contact Us section of the Global DataGuard website.