Dallas, Texas, September 15, 2008 – Global DataGuard, the premier provider of network behavioral analysis-based (NBA) Enterprise Unified Threat Management for small and medium business to large enterprise environments today announced the integration of SAINT Technology within the company’s Vulnerability Scanner Module (VSM). An on-demand scanning and vulnerability management tool, the VSM provides ongoing research of potential security issues throughout a company’s network infrastructure, allowing organizations across multiple vertical markets within SMB/SME/LME environments to efficiently evaluate and ensure regulatory compliance.
According to Gartner, vulnerability management can make IT environments more secure and improve a company’s regulatory compliance posture through a process that includes policy definition for device configurations, user identity and resource access; baseline analysis to identify vulnerabilities and policy compliance; vulnerability prioritization and mitigation; and ongoing network monitoring to identify new vulnerabilities, as well as deviations from policy. Global DataGuard’s Enterprise UTM vulnerability management solution integrates these critical features, along with on-demand scanning options (light, heavy, DOS), penetration testing, and extensive reporting that provides individual vulnerability reports for each device, with associated risk levels (informational, low, high and severe) and appropriate links to remediation steps.
“Vulnerability management is a key element within our highly adaptive, behavioral analysis-based Enterprise UTM product family,” stated Dean A. Trumbull, vice president and chief operating officer for Global DataGuard. “Providing the best, most fully integrated vulnerability management tools is part of our holistic, ‘big picture’ approach to network security, which allows our customers to more cost-effectively and efficiently monitor, track, secure and manage their entire network security posture, budget and resources.”
Vulnerability Management Identifies Risks Based on Severity and Threat Level
The Vulnerability Scanner Module provides comprehensive vulnerability management through regular security scans that are automatically correlated with data and alerts from other Global DataGuard security appliances, including alerts produced by its patented behavioral analysis and correlation engine, and are further prioritized and escalated based on the level of attacks against detected vulnerabilities within the network.
The VSM constantly researches thousands of different types of vulnerabilities and is integrated with a penetration testing tool that enables an organization to exploit detected vulnerabilities. The VSM also utilizes an asset database to help keep track of resources as well as organize and retrieve information for remediation of vulnerabilities. A trend analysis report option offers quantitative analysis of a company’s remediation program.
With the integration of SAINT (Security Administrator’s Integrated Network Tool) technology, which is used to non-intrusively gather information and detect security vulnerabilities on any remote target (such as servers, workstations, networking devices, etc.), Global DataGuard can provide businesses with a cost-effective, feature-intensive vulnerability management tool that:
- Details how to fix vulnerabilities and where to begin remediation efforts;
- Identifies whether or not the network is compliant with PCI standards;
- Enables quick and easy design and generation of vulnerability assessment reports and enables the presentation of findings for even the largest network scans in an easy-to-read format with colorful charts;
- Provides the cross reference of CVE, JAVA, OSVDB, BID, CVSS2.0 and SANS/FBI Top 20, which can then be automatically correlated in reports;
- Enables management and scheduling of scans across large enterprise environments and provides trend analysis reporting to show whether or not a company’s network security is improving over time;
- Provides automatic updates every two weeks (at a minimum), or sooner for a critical vulnerability announcement
- Demonstrates compliance with current government regulations such as FISMA, SOX, HIPAA, and GLBA, and with industry regulations such as PCI, NERC CIP and NCUA.
Available immediately, the Vulnerability Management System, which includes the VSM and Master Control Unit) is priced at $15,000 in the U.S. This system can also be leased with turnkey managed services for $825 per month. The Vulnerability Scanner Module is a fully integrated, plug-n-play component within the Global DataGuard Enterprise UTM++ solution, and custom configurations can be designed and priced based on an organization’s unique network requirements.