DALLAS – March 13, 2012 – Masergy today introduced Intelligent Internet Management (IIM), a network-based Internet security and content control solution that provides enterprises on the Masergy global network with detailed application control, proactive Web traffic monitoring and enhanced firewall features.
Internet traffic from non-business related websites can greatly impact an enterprise’s productivity, while service-affecting attacks from malicious code jeopardize security and can shut down a corporate network. Deploying and managing premise-based firewalls creates a significant cost for IT departments, which can no longer isolate the corporate network from the outside world to protect business information.
Masergy’s IIM solution simplifies network security, optimizes bandwidth and reduces costs by embedding the solution in the cloud, while providing easy-to-use hosted services that enhance network visibility and application control.
Intelligent Internet Management offers three centralized applications, including:
- Application Control-can allow, block or limit bandwidth for individual applications such as YouTube, Facebook and other social sites.
- Web Security-enhances network protection by proactively blocking access to sites known to host malware and other threats.
- Network-Based Firewall-uses security appliances embedded in the Masergy network, eliminating the need for an investment in on-premise hardware and software.
“The Internet is an essential part of business communications, but it must be carefully managed. If it is not effectively managed, employee productivity, data integrity and company profitability can be adversely affected,” said John Dumbleton, senior vice president of business development at Masergy. “With Intelligent Internet Management, companies go beyond typical network firewalls to gain more explicit control over application access and Web traffic, while optimizing bandwidth and maximizing application performance.”
Additional features include:
- Proactive maintenance in Masergy’s POPs to ensure network reliability and security.
- Simplified ability to add new sites or upgrade bandwidth for added flexibility.
- Granular filter and application control to easily adapt to changing company needs.
Masergy is a managed networking and cloud services provider delivering customized, high-performance solutions that help businesses compete in the global marketplace. The company pioneered one of the first global IP/MPLS networks in 2000 that could deliver a pure Ethernet experience to any location worldwide. Masergy has since expanded its offerings and today operates the largest independent global network platform, a fully integrated cloud communications offering, cloud-based security and managed network services. These solutions deliver a superior customer experience with guaranteed performance, scalability and reach. Masergy’s award-winning technology, flexible solutions and unmatched passion for customer care are why a growing number of the world’s largest companies rely on Masergy to deliver performance beyond expectations. For more information about Masergy visit www.masergy.com or follow the company on Twitter @Masergy.
# # #