SASE: SD-WAN and security in one cloud strategy
A secure access service edge in one solution
What is SASE?
The term Secure Access Service Edge (SASE, pronounced “sassy”) defines a new category of converged solutions combining WAN capabilities with network security functions. By uniting point technologies into one cloud platform, silos are broken and IT complexity is replaced by visibility and ease of management. Under the SASE model, network and security have officially come together to create synergy across both IT domains.
While solutions vary across providers, SASE typically includes:
“SASE adoption has accelerated by 94% due to the need for digital services and remote work”
CIO “SASE Market Trends Study”
Why Masergy for SASE
- Global SD-network integrated with best-of-breed cybersecurity technologies
- Hybrid next-gen firewalls and secure web gateway solutions
- CASB solutions + identity-based WAN analytics
- Managed security capabilities that go beyond SASE
- SASE + AIOps: SASE with a virtual network assistant
Masergy delivers on SASE’s core capabilities and more
Security must be intrinsic to the network, and Masergy has been uniting the two IT domains into one service strategy for years. Masergy embeds security into our SD-WAN and private SD-network, meeting the key tenets of Gartner’s Secure Access Security Edge (SASE) model. Plus, clients get the freedom to choose from a wide menu of other network and security services.
Best-of-breed security technologies in one SASE offering
Masergy has integrated market-leading cybersecurity technologies with its secure edge network, partnering with Leaders in their respective Gartner Magic Quadrants to deliver a converged solution.
Differentiated SASE capabilities
- AI-based automation and flexible service options
- A global, software-defined edge network
- The industry’s most competitive SLAs
- Hybrid flexibility to put firewalls in the cloud and on-prem
- Global firewall availability and SOC services
- Consistent security policies across all SD-WAN devices
- Rapid deployment and scalability for faster time to value
- Tight integration for a unified service experience
- Services managed 24/7 by Masergy’s security analysts
Secure Web Gateway
- Protection at the packet level and at the application level
- Deep visibility into applications and users
- Tight integration with cloud firewall services
Zero Trust Network Access
Coming soon: Masergy continues to build capabilities for single sign-on, authentication, and authorization based on user, device, and location, which enforces highly granular access controls on a need-to-have basis.
SASE architecture really matters
“Be wary of vendors that deliver SASE by linking a large number of features via virtual machine service chaining, especially when products come from a number of acquisitions or partnerships. This approach will result in inconsistent services, poor manageability, and high latency,” warned Andrew Lerner, V.P. of Networking Research at Gartner, in his article introducing SASE.
You can avoid patchworked SASE services by understanding the degree to which the underlying architecture is standardized. The key is to have one transparent ecosystem enabling a common infrastructure with interoperability and visibility from edge to edge. Providers typically use their own network to serve as the SASE platform, and it’s here where Masergy stands out:
- Our global, private network is entirely software-defined, built on a ubiquitous SD-architecture around the world
- Every newly added security technology and application interoperates as equal partners on the same operating system
- One ecosystem delivers the visibility and centralized management necessary in achieving superior performance
Learn more about SASE architecture in the Straight Talk Guide to SASE
Network and security analytics all in one portal
In 2017, Masergy began building security analytics into our network services management portal. Clients immediately noticed greater visibility for performance optimization and accelerated security threat response. The client portal includes security features like:
- Shadow IT Discovery: Automatically scans and identifies potential threats from cloud-based SaaS applications running on your network
- Identity-Based WAN Analytics: Detailed per-user statistics across all applications are essential in developing a Zero Trust security strategy
- Full network visibility for faster security investigation and response
- East/west and north/south (server-to-server) traffic within the data center
- Client-to-server traffic outside the data center network
Buyers Guide to SASE
When converging network and security, you need a provider with a broad set of skills, partnerships, and expertise. Here are the key considerations.
SASE, the appeal of cloud firewalls, and when on-prem still matters
Explore the advantages of cloud firewalls, the role FWaaS plays in SASE solutions, and when to opt for the cloud or stick with on-premise.
Masergy SD-WAN Secure
Power your digital transformation with flexible solutions that improve cloud application performance and increase agility. Learn more about Masergy's SD-WAN Secure.
The Straight Talk Guide to SASE
This interactive Q&A guide allows you to jump between questions with answers in plain English. Get SASE basics, key strategies, and tips for investment.
Contact us today and consult with one of our SASE experts.
Call us now to arrange a consultation (866) 588-5885.
Or arrange for a consultation through our request form.