Single Sign-On (SSO) is an advanced authentication, authorization and access control methodology built for enterprise environments. Adopted by companies like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft who provision thousands of employees with multiple enterprise applications worldwide, SSO is designed to simplify access and address insecure login practices.
Its most basic function is to enable users to log in to one portal in order to gain entry into several applications.
Business benefits include:
- Increase productivity – by ensuring all enterprise applications are accessible via one convenient portal
- Reduce risk – by minimizing enterprise security exposure associated with bad password habits
- Scale down Help Desk costs – by decreasing the number of tickets sent to the IT department for password resets
- Accelerate user adoption – by improving ease of access to company-promoted applications
Common Use Case
After users log in to the enterprise SSO portal (see example), they are automatically granted access to their accounts in Google-owned applications, Microsoft applications, Salesforce, and Masergy Communicator.
Masergy SSO Prerequisites
Customer General Guidelines SSO
Identity Service Providers (IdP)
- Google Cloud Guidance for SSO
- Microsoft Cloud Guidance For SSO
- Okta Guidance For SSO
- ADFS Guidance For SSO
Masergy Communicator Single Sign-On Login Procedures
Masergy Communicator SSO Clients
Go To Software Downloads